Ahoy mateys! Join us for Landlubbers Day - a celebration of all things pirate in honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day. We encourage young and old to throw on their best pirate attire for a day of eye patches, parrots and walking the plank!
Held Saturday, September 16 from 12 to 4 p.m., this FREE event includes:
- Live music from the Jackstraws, San Diego’s own pirate-themed band
- Contests: “Talk Like a Pirate”, Best Pirate Costume, and Best Pirate Costume for Pets*
- Pirate and Mermaid themed arts and crafts
- Games and activities at Captain's Cove, Seaport Village's favorite nautical store
- A mermaid grotto with mermaids available for photos
- Street performances from Seaport Village’s talented buskers.
*This event is dog/pet friendly! Bring your fur baby in their finest pirate outfit for a chance to win a prize in the pet costume contest. All dogs must be on leashes.
“We’re thrilled to host San Diego’s biggest International Talk Like a Pirate Day event at Seaport Village,” said Terry Hall, General Manager of Seaport Village. “We look forward to celebrating on the waterfront with local pirates of all ages in their seafaring best.” See you there! AARRRRRRR.
Photo Credit: Instagram User @sammieplays