So you’ve decided to visit the greatest city on the west coast. Great choice! Now you’re wondering where to go and what to see? Here are 12 places that will make you plan your next trip before you even get here. Enjoy!
1. Relax at Seaport Village
May I suggest a scone and coffee at Upstart Crow Coffee House?
2. Check out the museums at Balboa Park
And don’t miss the Japanese Friendship Garden
3. Hike at The Torrey Pines State Reserve
As you can see, they have the most breathtaking views!
4. When in San Diego, of course visit the San Diego Zoo and/or Safari Park
The Safari Park has a new Tiger Trail that opened on May 24th!
5. Take a tour of the historic USS Midway
Note- They have discounted tickets for students and Military
6. Explore the marine life at Birch Aquarium
They’re a hit with kids!
7. Have lunch or dinner at Hotel Del Coronado
Did you know that celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe filmed at the hotel?
8. Take the kids to Legoland
Their new exhibit “Chima” opened on May 24th!
9. Check out La Jolla Cove
Or do some standup paddleboarding at La Jolla Shores
10. Go on a Harbor Cruise with Hornblower or Flagship cruises
It’s the perfect date night idea!
11. Grab tacos and a margarita at Puesto at The Headquarters
The Headquarters was once the old San Diego Police Headquarters, which still features doors, fixtures and cell blocks from 1939!
12. Check out the Carbrillo National Monument
The park features a 19th century lighthouse!
Have a blast in San Diego and come back soon!